Setup Extensions and dialing
Created by: Kiwi VoIP
Modified on: Fri, 10 Apr, 2020 at 2:41 PM
Extension dialling works so that you can internally transfer calls to numbers within your account.
They also can work if you set up Auto Attendant for when a customer calls your main number, and then know the extension number of the person they are wanting to reach. Example: “Welcome to Our Company if you know the extension of the person you wish to talk to… ”
SETTING UP EXTENSION DIALLING
- Log into https://portal.kiwivoip.co.nz
- From the top menu select CloudPBX.
- Hover over the required line number click on the section you wish to adjust.
- Set your extension number. Note: The required extension field length is 3-4 digits.
- Navigate to the bottom of the page Save to update.
If you are also planning on setting up Auto Attendant think about creating cohesion your extension numbers.
You can also define and limit extension dialling to groups, such as Sales. This will allow the people that are assigned to that group to be able to define their group if they have access to the PBX.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.